President Trump’s First 100 Days
In his first 100 days, President Donald J. Trump has taken bold action to restore prosperity, keep Americans safe and secure, and hold government accountable. At an historic pace, this President has enacted more legislation and signed more executive orders than any other president in over a half century. With a focus on rebuilding the military, ending illegal immigration, and restoring confidence in our economy, the President is keeping his promises to the American people.
President Trump’s 100 Days of Historic
GETTING GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE WAY: President Donald J. Trump has done more to stop the Government from interfering in the lives of Americans in his first 100 days than any other President in history.
- President Trump has signed 13 Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolutions in his first 100 days, more than any other President. These resolutions nullified unnecessary regulations and block agencies from reissuing them.
- Since CRA resolutions were introduced under President Clinton, they’ve been used only once, under President George W. Bush.
- The Wall Street Journal editorial: “So far the Trump Administration is a welcome improvement, rolling back more regulations than any President in history.”
TAKING EXECUTIVE ACTION: In office, President Trump has accomplished more in his first 100 days than any other President since Franklin Roosevelt.
- President Trump will have signed over 30 executive orders during his first 100 days to ensure agencies throughout the Government enforce his agenda.
- President Obama signed 19 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President George W. Bush signed 11 executive orders his first 100 days.
- President Clinton signed 13 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President George H.W. Bush signed 11 executive orders his first 100 days.
- President Reagan signed 18 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Carter signed 16 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Nixon signed 15 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Johnson signed 26 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Kennedy signed 23 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Eisenhower signed 20 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Truman signed 25 executive orders during his first 100 days.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed 99 executive orders during his first 100 days.
A SLEW OF LEGISLATION SIGNED: Despite historic Democrat obstructionism, President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman.
- President Trump has worked with Congress to enact 28 laws during the first 100 days of his Administration.
- President Obama enacted 11 laws during his first 100 days.
- President George W. Bush enacted 7 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Clinton enacted 24 laws during his first 100 days.
- President George H.W. Bush enacted 18 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Reagan enacted 9 laws during his first 100 days. o President Carter enacted 22 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Nixon enacted 9 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Johnson enacted 10 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Kennedy enacted 26 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Eisenhower enacted 22 laws during his first 100 days.
- President Truman enacted 55 bills laws during his first 100 days.
President Trump’s 100 Days of Prosperity
“I am going to bring back the jobs that have been stripped away from you and your country”
– President Donald J. Trump
EARLY PROGRESS: In just the first few months of President Donald J. Trump’s Administration, the United States economy has made promising strides in the job market and beyond.
- In just the first few months of President Trump’s term, the United States economy created 533,000 new jobs, including:
- 99,000 new construction jobs
- 49,000 new manufacturing jobs
- 27,000 new mining jobs
- The United States unemployment rate, at 4.5 percent, is at its lowest level since May 2007.
- The current unemployment rate for Hispanics, at 5.1 percent, is at its lowest level since March 2007.
- United States exports reached a two-year high in February 2017.
BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN THE AMERICAN ECONOMY: Since President Trump’s election, economic indicators have shown record confidence in response to his prosperity-focused agenda.
- American households, consumers, and investors are feeling a renewed optimism about the economy.
- According to Pew Research, Americans currently view the economy more positively than any time since 2007.
- The weekly Gallup Economic Confidence Index turned positive shortly after President Trump’s election and has remained positive for 22 consecutive weeks.
- The Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index recently soared to its highest level in more than 16 years.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up more than 12 percent since President Trump’s election.
- America’s business community, ranging from major corporations to small businesses, from home builders to manufacturers, are experiencing historic levels of confidence in the United States economy.
- The Business Roundtable’s CEO Economic Outlook Index recently jumped 19 points, the largest jump since 2009.
- The Gallup Small Business Index reflects that small business owners are the most optimistic they have been since July 2007.
- The National Association of Manufacturers Outlook Survey shows that manufacturers hold their highest level of optimism in the survey’s 20-year history.
- The National Association of Home Builders Confidence Index is at one of its highest levels in 12 years.
PRIORITIZING JOB CREATION: Using his experience in business, President Trump has been working alongside the business community and executing an agenda to spur job creation.
- President Trump has worked hand-in-hand with the private sector to spur re-investment in America.
- Charter Communications announced it was investing $25 billion in the United States and would hire 20,000 American workers over the next four years
- Exxon Mobil Corporation announced it was investing $20 billion in the United States, creating more than 45,000 jobs.
- Intel announced it was investing $7 billion in a new factory in the United States, supporting more than 10,000 jobs.
- President Trump has implemented historic ‘Buy American, Hire American’ policies to create opportunities for American workers and American companies. These policies:
- Ensure unfair competition does not harm American companies.
- Favor American products over foreign products.
- Stop abuses of our visa systems that have harmed American workers
- Cleared roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- Directed that new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment from the United States.
CUTTING BURDENSOME GOVERNMENT RED TAPE: President Trump has followed through on his pledge to get government out of the way of job creation and economic growth.
- The American Action Forum estimates that the Trump Administration’s regulatory actions to date could save taxpayers more than $86 billion.
- President Trump’s pro-growth actions could generate more than $18 billion in annual regulatory savings for businesses, investors, and consumers.
- President Trump has taken action to remove job-killing regulations and bring broad, long-term reform to America’s bloated regulatory regime. The President has:
- Signed 13 Congressional Review Act resolutions to eliminate harmful Obama-era regulations— the most of any president in history.
- Required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated.
- Ordered each agency establish a regulatory reform task force to identify and eliminate costly and unnecessary regulations.
- President Trump has begun stripping the regulatory burdens from America’s energy industry. President Trump has:
- Cut back regulations under the Clean Power Plan and the previous administration’s climate change agenda.
- Stopped the “Stream Protection Rule” from causing further harm to the coal industry.
- Eliminated an energy regulation that put domestic extraction companies at an unfair disadvantage.
- President Trump ordered the review of the “Waters of the United States” rule to evaluate whether it is stifling economic growth or job creation.
- President Trump ordered the streamlining of the Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing.
- President Trump ordered a reexamination of Obama-era emission standards that were putting pressure on the United States automobile industry.
- President Trump directed agencies to limit the financial burden Obamacare imposes on Americans.
PUTTING THE PROSPERITY OF THE AMERICAN WORKER FIRST: Following years of reckless trade deals that have disadvantaged the American worker, President Trump has taken immediate action on trade.
- President Trump has withdrawn the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- President Trump is cracking down on unfair trade practices to ensure the American worker comes first again. The President has:
- Put America’s steel industry and national security first by investigating unfair foreign practices.
- Enhanced enforcement of those who violate the United States’ trade and customs laws.
- Ordered a report on United States trade deficits so that additional actions can be taken to allow American workers to fairly compete.
A PROMISE TO MAKE AMERICA PROSPEROUS AGAIN: President Trump promised that reinvigorating America’s economic prosperity was the top priority in his mission to Make America Great Again.
- Then-Candidate Trump:
- “I am going to bring back the jobs that have been stripped away from you and your country.”
- “We will make America the best place in the world to start a business, we’ll hire workers, and we’ll open factories.”
President Trump’s 100 Days of Security & Safety
“We’re going to make our country safe again. And we are going to make our country great again”
– President Donald J. Trump
PUTTING AMERICA FIRST, PROTECTING NATIONAL SECURITY: President Donald J. Trump’s top priority is the security of the American people and the American homeland.
- President Trump has prioritized rebuilding and empowering the military to restore national security. During his first 100 days, the President has:
- Advocated increasing the defense budget by $54 billion to end the devastating effects of the sequestration that has persisted for years.
- Empowered commanders in the field to make decisions.
- Saved hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars by negotiating with defense contractors.
- President Trump has stood up to countries that have threatened our national security after years of failed diplomacy. During his first 100 days, the President has:
- Sent a message to the world with his swift and decisive order to strike the Syrian air base that launched a horrific chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians.
- Further isolated Syria and Russia at the United Nations through successful diplomacy with President Xi Jinping of China.
- Imposed sanctions on Syria for its use of chemical weapons against innocent civilians.
- Imposed sanctions on Iran for violating an international agreement that restricts its ballistic missile programs.
- Worked to isolate North Korea and repositioned military assets to confront the regime’s provocative missile tests.
AMERICA FIRST DIPLOMACY: President Trump has rebuilt America’s standing in the world and forged stronger ties with our allies.
- President Trump has actively reached out to world leaders to advance American interests and build relationships. During his first 100 days, President Trump has:
- Made 68 calls to 38 different world leaders.
- Hosted 16 bilateral meetings with world leaders.
- President Trump negotiated with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to free American charity worker Aya Hijazi, her husband, and four other humanitarian workers.
RESTORING LAW AND ORDER TO AMERICA’S IMMIGRATION SYSTEM: President Trump has made restoring order to America’s borders and immigration a cornerstone of his agenda.
- President Trump’s actions have dramatically affected illegal immigration.
- Southern border crossings are at a 17-year low.
- Illegal crossings on the southern border have fallen by 61 percent since January.
- President Trump is following through on his promise to the American people by building a wall on the southern border. President Trump:
- Signed an Executive Order to establish initial funding for the border wall’s construction.
- Received hundreds of bids for the construction of the wall.
- President Trump is taking action to make sure immigration laws are enforced across the country. President Trump:
- Directed withholding of certain funds from several jurisdictions that do not comply with immigration laws.
- Prioritized criminal immigration enforcement, including ending “catch-and-release.”
- Directed the hiring of 10,000 Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers and agents and 5,000 Customs and Border Patrol agents.
- Under President Trump’s direction, the Department of Justice is hiring more immigration judges to address the backlog in immigration courts.
- As hiring takes place, existing judges are being reassigned to twelve priority cities to expedite processing.
RESTORING PUBLIC SAFETY TO AMERICAN COMMUNITIES: President Trump has been steadfast in his approach to addressing our Nation’s most pressing public safety issues.
- President Trump directed a comprehensive approach to tackle transnational criminal organizations and international drug traffickers, including the cartels that plague the southern border.
- President Trump ordered the formation of a task force aimed at reducing violent crime that has spiked in recent years.
- President Trump is restoring law enforcement’s faith that they are protected under the law by prosecuting those who threaten law enforcement officers.
A PROMISE TO MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN: President Trump promised that the safety and security of the American people was a top priority in his mission to Make America Great Again.
- Then-Candidate Donald Trump:
- “We’re going to make our country safe again. And we are going to make our country great again.”
- “Politicians have failed in their duty to secure our borders and enforce our laws… Let’s fix this problem. Let’s secure our border.”
- “The military, we are going to make bigger, stronger. We need a strong military.”
President Trump’s 100 Days of Accountability
“Our moral duty to the taxpayer requires us to make our Government leaner and more accountable.”
– President Donald J. Trump
A GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: For too long the Washington swamp worked to serve itself, but President Donald J. Trump is reforming the Government to serve the American people.
- President Trump implemented tough ethical standards to ensure his Administration works for the American people and not itself.
- President Trump introduced tough new lobbying standards for political appointees, including a five-year ban on lobbying and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign countries.
- President Trump donated his first quarter salary to the National Park Service, following through on his promise to the American people.
- President Trump is keeping his promise to the American people to reform the Government to better address their needs. President Trump:
- Implemented a temporary Federal hiring freeze to prevent taxpayer dollars from financing unnecessary bureaucracy.
- Directed his Administration to create a comprehensive plan to reorganize the executive branch.
- Required executive branch agencies to eliminate two regulations for every one they issue.
- Created the Office of American Innovation to streamline and improve Government for future generations.
- President Trump’s budget blueprint takes a sober look at how to responsibly spend taxpayer dollars and seeks to streamline government.
- President Trump proposed the largest cut to non-defense spending since the Reagan Administration.
- President Trump fulfilled his promise to the American people by nominating and, after Senate confirmation, appointing Neil Gorsuch as an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
ADDRESS THE NEEDS OF ALL AMERICANS: President Trump has taken action to help marginalized communities past administrations have neglected.
- After years of scandal and failing healthcare, President Trump has taken action to expand access to care for America’s veterans.
- For the first time, accurate and up-to-date wait times and quality-of-care information is available online.
- Under President Trump, authorized appointments for veterans outside of VA facilities have increased by 42 percent.
- The President signed an extension of the Veterans Choice Program, giving eligible veterans the option of seeking care from private physicians.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has expanded access to mental health care to an estimated 500,000 additional veterans whom were Other Than Honorable (OTH) discharges.
- President Trump created a commission and focused grants to tackle the opioid epidemic that has increasingly plagued our country.
- President Trump took action to prioritize Historically Black Colleges and Universities, after these critical institutions were marginalized in the previous administration.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has gone on a national listening tour, promoting accountability at HUD field offices to the citizens they serve.
- Under President Trump and Secretary DeVos’s leadership, the Administration has rolled back harmful regulations to ensure America’s schools are helping students.
A FOREIGN POLICY THAT PROMOTED ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE: President Trump’s America First foreign policy restores the voice of the American people in world affairs.
- President Trump is holding the U.N. accountable by calling out false and defamatory anti-Israel bias and forcing it to confront threats to the world’s security. At the U.N., the United States is:
- Removing a blatantly biased report against Israel.
- Condemning Russia’s support for the Assad regime and continued failure to live up to its commitment to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine.
- Challenging Iran’s launch of ballistic missiles.
• President Trump is supporting our allies across the world, while making sure everyone is accountable to international obligations. The United States is:
o Working with NATO members to boost their defense spending to meet their commitments.
o Supported Montenegro joining the NATO alliance.
• President Trump re-negotiated the F-35 fighter jet agreement, saving more than $700 million in taxpayer money while improving America’s national security.
A PROMISE TO HOLD THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABLE: President Trump promised that he would drain the Washington swamp and restore accountability to Government.
• President Trump: “Our moral duty to the taxpayer requires us to make our Government leaner and more accountable.”
• President Trump: “There is duplication and redundancy everywhere. Billions and billions of dollars are being wasted on activities that are not delivering results for hardworking American taxpayers.”